Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Raconteurs: White Stripes + Brendan Benson + REAL drummer = fantastic



I promised the guys in my band I'd get this one up today. Sorry it's late, I guess today turned into yesterday since the promise was made Tuesday...

I've had a long and flirtatious love affair with The White Stripes. I first heard "Fell in Love With a Girl" when it came out back in the day and it made me believe that music videos may be viable...I don't think I've seen one since. But that one kicked ass. I loved Elephant, but I could never really bring myself to buy their latest album for one reason - I'm a better drummer than Meg White. The worst part is, I'm terrible, but I've even sat in for our drummer warming up for one show and played Seven Nation Army flawlessly.

My love affair for Brendan Benson is much more fleeting, it only started a year ago when I saw him open for Keane in Salt Lake. He rocked the house, much better than Keane could ever hope to be.

So what do these two gentleman have to do with one another? I'm sure most of the bloggers out there already know, but to those of you who don't, I let the cat out of the bag that it's already been kicked back into: Jack White and Brendan Benson have formed a super-group (the best since Zwan!) with a real drummer. My dream come true! Check out the downloads below to hear the new stuff (band name = The Raconteurs) and a few links to some of my favorite tunes from their previous efforts.

The Raconteurs

[mp3] Steady As She Goes
[mp3] Store Bought Bones

No CD yet - out in May. Website below:
http://www.theraconteurs.com

The White Stripes

[mp3] Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
[mp3] I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Buy White Stripes CDs here.
http://www.whitestripes.com

Brendan Benson

[mp3] Alternative To Love
[mp3] Spit It Out

Buy Brendan Benson CDs here.
http://www.brendanbenson.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Stu said...

hey man, like I said before I'm really diggin' the Brendan Benson and the "Racoon"-teurs! Keep the good stuff rollin'!

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say Meg White's a pretty good drummer - her playing's very minimal, sparse, but that's something that contributes to the Stripes' sound, makes them a bit different. Great post btw.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home