Thursday, June 22, 2006

Weekly 6 Pack


As promised, it's time for your weekly 6 pack.

[mp3] Wolfmother: White Unicorn

I'm not quite sure why I haven't posted anything about Wolfmother. Looking back, it's really a crime that I haven't yet. These guys just flat out rock - old school style. If you haven't heard them, now's your chance. Watch out for the huge-ass drum fill at 4:08, I usually rewind that 4 or so times before finishing the song...

Visit their website.
Buy some Wolfmother.

[mp3] Flickerstick: Blue

Although Flickerstick has only released 2 proper albums, they've probably had as much effect on me as any band. Their unique blend of pop hooks, psychadelic guitar licks and killer drumming opened my eyes to a world of new sonic possibilities. Looking back at their debut now seems a little weak but they've certainly shown themselves with Tarantula and To Madagascar and Back, the EP that this little ditty is featured on.


Visit their website.
Buy some Flickerstick.

[mp3] Paul McCartney: Monkberry Moon Delight

This has one of Paul's best screams ever recorded. Sure, "Maybe I'm Amazed" is great but I just love it when Paul goes crazy.


Visit Paul's website.
Buy his albums.

[mp3] Silvercrush: Frightened

I'm sure some of you will be turned off by the "I wish I was Eddie Vedder" vocals but these guys are hometown heroes of sorts. Silvercrush is one of only 2 bands from Utah that has signed with a major label. Though their rock 'n roll life was cut short, their debut album, Stand, is a great post-grunge album. If you're into 7 Mary 3, you'll love these guys.

Buy some Silvercrush.

[mp3] Toadies: Possum Kingdom

Another blast from the past. The Toadies were a little different from the rest of the post-grunge scene, Rubberneck is really worth a listen or a dust off if you've forgotten about it.

Buy some Toadies.

[mp3] Starsailor: Good Souls

All that talk of Starsailor earlier made take another listen to Love is Here. I know this was the single, and it's lame to like the single but hey - this song is just plain amazing.

Visit their website.
Buy some Starsailor.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Monkberry Moon Delight" is such a great, weird song. Phenomenal album too. My favorite solo Beatle record.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, been waiting for the starsailor tune to roll up on hype machine forever.....BUT....the link goes to the (cool) toadies tune.
can u fix it?

thanks, and more power to the rock bandits.

10:35 AM  
Blogger craiye said...

Good Souls should be up for reals. I guess I should have expected a non-working link since I posted at 4 in the morning...thanks for the catch!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home