Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Big Tuesday

It was quite a fine Tuesday today for us music lovers.

Today saw the major label debut of The Decemberists for the indie-loving world and highly-anticipated sophomore outings from Jet and The Killers. Oh, and that Beck guy put out a new album too.

I've had the chance to sit down and listen to The Crane Wife (Decemberists) and Shine On (Jet) so far. I don't really have an interest in The Killer's new album...sorry kids, I just don't think their guarantees of it being the "greatest album ever" will meet my expectations, especially since I never got into them in the first place. I guess it's my inner "indie snob" coming through...

Beck is coming soon, I've heard good things but we'll have to wait until I digest the first two. Anyways, here's a few of my favorites from the previously mentioned albums:

Jet - Shine On

[mp3] Hey Kids
[mp3] Stand Up

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife


[mp3] The Crane Wife 3
[mp3] Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)

1 Comments:

Blogger denuvian said...

It's crazy how much good stuff came out on Oct 3

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home