Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Redwalls: Best new band of '05?



Last summer I ran across The Redwalls in the most unlikely way. I was in Salt Lake with my fiance and her 8 year old brother and we decided to stop and look around at a record store. While there Austin (her brother) was running around and throwing on headphones, just listening to whatever was playing on them. After a few minutes he approached me, saying "You'll like this one, come listen!"

I was expecting some kind of disgusting dance/pop a la Britney Spears or other such trash, but instead I was treated with what sounded like a band straight out of the '60s that had somehow slipped under the radar. I found out the CD was De Nova by The Redwalls, but I didn't have any money to buy the CD right then.

A few weeks later while browsing an indie shop in town my friend came across the same CD, we picked it up along with the new Abandoned Pools. Now, 8 months later, the AP CD is in the trash and The Redwalls is in high rotation. I've included links to a few of my favorite tracks off of their latest release "De Nova", as well as a bonus track "Memories" only released in Japan.

PS: Post some comments already! Just click on the link that says how many comments there are...now anonymous users can post comments!

[mp3] Robinson Crusoe
[mp3] Front Page
**BONUS TRACK**
[mp3] Memories

Buy some Redwalls here.
http://www.theredwalls.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Bandit Drummer said...

Amen to that. I am the "friend" that bought The Redwalls cd back in 2005. I loved it from the moment I listened to it, first run through. I bought the new Paul McCartney record at the same time and felt like The Redwalls were John Lennon's band from present day. I love every song on this album. Front Page is the best by far.... The Beatles and Dylan are pretty much my two favourite artists and The Redwalls seem to be their powers combined. I think everyone should own and listen to this album. It isn't really "ground-breaking" music. But it is excellent song writing, sweet vocal harmonies, happy lyrics, and balls out rock and roll straight outta the 60's. What more could you want?

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

goooood call on this. I love their old disc. I got sent the newest one, but I haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet. I'll get on that!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

WHY DON'T CHU?

2:38 AM  
Blogger heather said...

The Redwalls are AWESOME, I saw them open for OK Go last summer and was blown away.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw them a year and a half ago opening for Keane and the Zutons, and they weren't really my thing, but I must sya, they were much cuter then/in person. We hugged them..I bet we didn't seem like pathetic teenyboppers or anything like that at all, haha

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home