Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Redwalls: Best new band of '05?



Last summer I ran across The Redwalls in the most unlikely way. I was in Salt Lake with my fiance and her 8 year old brother and we decided to stop and look around at a record store. While there Austin (her brother) was running around and throwing on headphones, just listening to whatever was playing on them. After a few minutes he approached me, saying "You'll like this one, come listen!"

I was expecting some kind of disgusting dance/pop a la Britney Spears or other such trash, but instead I was treated with what sounded like a band straight out of the '60s that had somehow slipped under the radar. I found out the CD was De Nova by The Redwalls, but I didn't have any money to buy the CD right then.

A few weeks later while browsing an indie shop in town my friend came across the same CD, we picked it up along with the new Abandoned Pools. Now, 8 months later, the AP CD is in the trash and The Redwalls is in high rotation. I've included links to a few of my favorite tracks off of their latest release "De Nova", as well as a bonus track "Memories" only released in Japan.

PS: Post some comments already! Just click on the link that says how many comments there are...now anonymous users can post comments!

[mp3] Robinson Crusoe
[mp3] Front Page
**BONUS TRACK**
[mp3] Memories

Buy some Redwalls here.
http://www.theredwalls.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzy said...

goooood call on this. I love their old disc. I got sent the newest one, but I haven't even had a chance to listen to it yet. I'll get on that!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

WHY DON'T CHU?

2:38 AM  
Blogger heather said...

The Redwalls are AWESOME, I saw them open for OK Go last summer and was blown away.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw them a year and a half ago opening for Keane and the Zutons, and they weren't really my thing, but I must sya, they were much cuter then/in person. We hugged them..I bet we didn't seem like pathetic teenyboppers or anything like that at all, haha

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home